16 C
Moscow
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
spot_img

Total supply up by 3.6%

(+633%) Offices Commissioning in Moscow • Jan-Jun 2021/20

From January to June 2021, commissioning of offices in Moscow reached 446.3 thousand square meters. This represents a 633% increase of the new supply year-over-year. More than that, this quarter’s volume is 99% higher compared to the total of the whole previous year.

The share of class “A” spaces within the new supply amounted to 77%, the remaining 23% were class “B”.

The total amount of high quality office spaces on the Moscow market reached 17.4 million sq. m, up by 3.6% in annual terms. Of this volume, 28% are class “A”, while the remaining 72% are class “B”.

As to the vacancy rate at the end of the quarter, this indicator reached 10.8% in the offices of class “A” and 5.8% in those of class “B”. Despite the large size of newly commissioned objects, there is no significant increase in the vacancy rate on the market, since most of the new offices are built for corporations or government agencies and aren’t entering the speculative market.

The office real estate market is recovering strongly after the record lows of the 2020 pandemic year, successfully overcoming previous uncertainty and reduced developer activity. The market supply of new or renovated office spaces is a key factor shaping the market potential for professional office furniture, in short to medium terms. We are tracking this indicator more closely, including particular office buildings and business centers commissioned and under construction, within our extended Market Reports.

Related Articles

(−90%) Offices Commissioning in St. Petersburg • Jan-Mar 2022/21

From January to March 2022, commissioning of offices in Saint Petersburg reached 5 thousand square meters only, the record low for the last 10...

(+25%) Coworkings in St. Petersburg • Jan-Dec 2021/20

At the end of 2021, total supply of coworkings in Saint Petersburg reached 52.4 thousand square meters. This represents a 25% increase year-over-year. There are...

(+34%) Flexible Offices in Moscow • Jan-Dec 2021/20

At the end of 2021, the total supply of flexible office spaces, including coworkings, in Moscow reached 254 thousand square meters. This represents a...

LATEST MARKET STUDY

spot_img

COVID-19 CASES

Russia
191,821
Total active cases
Updated on 28.06.2022 21:11
18,424,105
Total confirmed cases
Updated on 28.06.2022 21:11
381,002
Total deaths
Updated on 28.06.2022 21:11
17,851,282
Total recovered
Updated on 28.06.2022 21:11

CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATES

RUB - Russian Ruble
EUR
60.9451
USD
58.3750

Latest Articles