In 2021, the volume of furniture exports from Russia to Uzbekistan reached 11.3 million USD. This represents a 109.3% increase to the corresponding period of the previous year. This gross estimation also includes parts of furniture, mattresses, bedding, mattress supports, healthcare and other professional furniture, so the HS codes 9401, 9402, 9403, 9404 are considered.
The share of Uzbekistan in Russian furniture exports is as much as 1.69% in 2021, which is lower than in 2019 (2.02%) but higher than in 2020 (1.15%).
Furniture exports to Uzbekistan consist mainly of
- metal furniture excluding beds or professional furniture (26%),
- parts (12.9%), with metal parts being the top product groups here,
- wooden furniture for bedrooms, priced up to 1.8 EUR per kilo (9.9%),
- wooden furniture for dining and living rooms, priced up to 1.8 EUR per kilo (8.6%),
- wooden furniture for bedrooms, priced higher than 1.8 EUR per kilo (6.3%),
- operating tables, examination tables, and other medical, dental, surgical or veterinary furniture (5.6%),
- and swivel chairs with variable height adjustment excluding medical, surgical, dental, or veterinary (4.3%).
These categories together provide more than 73% of the total value of furniture exported to this country. Each other furniture category accounts for 3% or less.
The growth in 2021 was mainly driven by
- metal furniture excluding beds or professional furniture (+162%),
- parts (+105%),
- operating tables, examination tables, and other medical, dental, surgical or veterinary furniture (+461%),
- swivel chairs with variable height adjustment excluding medical, surgical, dental, or veterinary (+131%).
Some smaller scale categories also showed a higher than average increase, for instance:
- spring mattresses (+352%),
- metal cupboards with doors, shutters or flaps, for offices (+273%).
The average price for furniture exported to this country is higher than average, the annual trend is quite unstable. In 2021, the average price declared at customs reached 3.17 USD per kilo (previously 4.45 USD in 2019 and 2.26 USD in 2020).
The weighted average of the currency exchange rate was 73.6541 RUB for 1 USD in the current period under review. This rate shall be used to accurately convert the exported value to rubles.
The exports data provided here is a preliminary estimation made by the Russian Federal Customs Service immediately after the reporting period, available at the time this news item is being published. Evidently, numbers are subject to change: the Customs update their analytics retrospectively, even a long time after the reporting period is finished. Those updated numbers and most actual data shall be included into our extended Market Reports.