In December 2021, the retail prices for furniture in Russia increased by 12.44% compared to the same month of the previous year (considering specialized furniture retail only).
Since the beginning of 2021, prices increased by 10.71% year-over-year. Retail prices for furniture are growing less than prices of manufacturers, which indicates a more serious shortage in margin on the side of retailers.
For this reporting period, several furniture categories have risen in price more than average:
- kitchen furniture (+12.06%),
- sets of cabinet furniture (+11.98%),
- kitchen worktops (+11.93%),
- wardrobes (+13.18%),
- hinged kitchen cabinets (+12.47%),
- hallway cabinets (+12.54%),
- various cabinets and cupboards (+12.97%),
- other furniture, not elsewhere classified (+12.2%).
We are tracking this indicator more closely, particularly the performance of various Russian regions, for various furniture categories, within our extended Market Reports.