In January 2022, the retail prices for furniture in Russia increased by 12.44% compared to the same month of the previous year (considering specialized furniture retail only). Retail prices for furniture are growing less than prices of manufacturers, which indicates a more serious shortage in margin on the side of retailers.
For this reporting period, several furniture categories have risen in price more than average:
- kitchen furniture (+14.69%),
- kitchen worktops (+14.75%),
- wardrobes (+12.77%),
- hinged kitchen cabinets (+14.79%),
- hallway cabinets (+12.79%),
- various cabinets and cupboards (+12.77%).
We are tracking this indicator more closely, particularly the performance of various Russian regions, for various furniture categories, within our extended Market Reports.