Rising costs of raw materials and components all over the world contribute to the rise in prices for Russian-made furniture, too. In December 2021, the prices of furniture manufacturers in Russia increased by 18.03% to the corresponding month of the previous year.
Since the beginning of 2021, prices increased by 14% year-over-year. For this reporting period, several furniture categories have risen in price more than average:
- wooden beds for children (+41.37%),
- wooden furniture sets for dining and living rooms (+25.76%),
- furniture for offices and shops (+22.13%),
- mattresses (+16.94%),
- wooden furniture, not elsewhere classified (+16.71%),
- wooden dining tables for dining and living rooms (+16.58%),
- kitchen cabinets (+16.02%),
- wooden furniture for dining and living rooms, not elsewhere classified (+15.6%),
- medical furniture, including surgical, dental or veterinary, and parts thereof (+14.79%),
- wooden beds for adults (+14.64%).
We are tracking this indicator more closely, including prices for domestic market and export separately, for various furniture categories, within our extended Market Reports.