In August 2021, the retail prices for furniture in Russia increased by 12.41% compared to the same month of the previous year (considering specialized furniture retail only).
Since the beginning of 2021, prices increased by 9.54% year-over-year. Retail prices for furniture are growing less than prices of manufacturers, which indicates a more serious shortage in margin on the side of retailers.
For this reporting period, several furniture categories have risen in price more than average:
- furniture for dining and living rooms (+9.61%),
- kitchen furniture (+10.48%),
- sets of cabinet furniture (+11.04%),
- kitchen worktops (+10.3%),
- wardrobes (+12.27%),
- hinged kitchen cabinets (+10.96%),
- hallway cabinets (+11.32%),
- various cabinets and cupboards (+11.96%),
- other furniture, not elsewhere classified (+11.18%).
We are tracking this indicator more closely, particularly the performance of various Russian regions, for various furniture categories, within our extended Market Reports.